Monday, October 5, 2009

CHD Awareness Balloon Launch

Hi there heart family! Our balloon launch was a success... and a great deal of FUN! With the help of our family, we were able to assemble and launch 30 red awareness balloons and one bundle of 8 "paci-fairy" balloons! It was great fun!























Charlie holding onto the awareness balloons! She was a great helper along with our entire family! Sydnie was eager to launch her balloon!






















Before we could actually launch the balloons we had to deal with a tangled mess the wind caused. We finally took all the balloons to the garage and untangled them. Then we launched them individually. Next time I think we'll do this a little differently!



















Daddy working feverishly trying to untangle a bundle of balloons!















Kim and Camryn trying to figure out how to get rid of this mess!


Once all was untangled, we made it outside to launch!





Sydnie's Balloon! Go sweet baby!























Charlie's balloon!


















Along with our CHD awareness balloons, we launched a "paci-fairy" bundle of balloons! Sydnie was ready to let go of her paci's and open to the paci fairy giving them to all of the new itty-bitty babies. We attached them all to a bundle of balloons and launched away!



















....And away they go! One of our last physical reminders of Sydnie as a baby! She's such a big girl now!!!



Unfortunately the balloons didn't make it very far... the wind carried the balloons and her paci's into a tree :( All is ok! While everyone was asleep and the world was dark, the paci fairy was able to swoop out of the sky and rescue the paci's and take them to the new babies! pheewwww!




Sydnie was a little sad to see her paci's go!!! After a few airplane rides and some love from daddy, she was ok!



















Charlie and Sydnie enjoying the family time!




















So much FUN... so much AWARENESS! We can't wait until we can do it again!


Some Sydnie funnies!
So this morning I decided to take advantage of only having Sydnie and myself in the house and clean our down stairs. No biggie right? I was able to do some laundry, straighten the play room, clean the kitchen... When Sydnie asked to paint with water colors... "Sure" I said, "not a problem"! So I got out her Dora water color kit and thought to myself, "ooohhhh, now I can vacuum and she'll be sooooo busy! ....there's no way she'll be able to get into any trouble!" Silly me.... I think she was thinking, "mommy will let me water color and will think I'm busy... I'll take this opportunity to teach her a lesson... silly mommy (evil laugh)!" So this is what happened!




Yup, you're seeing correctly... She's painting her nails with water color... and my white chair cushion!















Such delicate work.... She painted her finger and toe nails!


Silly baby! ... or silly mommy, right?!








Here she is in action:
Love you all,
The Sydnie Team

3 comments:

Stefenie said...

Oh NO!!!! Did the watercolor come out of your white cushion?? Silly Sydnie!! Love the pics of her painting her nails! Too cute!!

Your balloon launch looks like it went REALLY well! What an amazing thing you did Sundie!

Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I'm trying not to let these bill lawyers or collectors get to me, I don't have to explain anything to them, your right. Your so sweet, thank you for making me smile!

Oh, Sydnie is so adorable! Hehe she knows how to use them watercolors, she has good taste! =D
I think that CHD Awareness Ballon Launch was just awesome! And way to go to Big Girl Syndie for no more pacis! I continue to pray for your family! Sending many **Heart Hugs** your way!!

Hope to see you at the Hearts of Hope Fall Festival!

With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,
Lauren (22yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia aka HRHS)

Blog: www.laurensheart.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Looks like the balloon launch went really well! I may steal this idea and launch balloons during CHD awareness week next year :)

And Sydnie is a character!!! What a cutie. Oh my, what I get to look forward to with my little girl, I'm so used to boys!!! Love it :)